jai Nitai !
This Gour-purnima i am going to make Gouranga Mahaprabhu go crazy with this one It belongs to His home-town, but presented so differently.
For those who are bored of eating rasgullas, make this sweet to please the devotees in satsang and get all the praises.
Baking Time : 10 mins.
Cooking Time : Nil.
Preparation Time : 10 mins.
Baking Temperature : 150ºC (300ºF).
8 rasgullas, cut into halves
1 cup low fat paneer (cottage cheese)
¼ cup low fat milk
2½ tbsp sugar substitute
1 tsp cornflour dissolved in 2 tsp water
A few strands saffron (kesar) dissolved in 1 tsp water
A pinch cardamom (elaichi) powder
1. Soak the rasgullas in water for 1 minute, drain and discard the water.
2. Repeat step 1 for 4 to 5 times till all the sugar syrup has been removed from the rasgullas and keep aside.
3. Mix together the paneer, milk, sugar substitute, cornflour mixture, saffron and cardamom powder and blend to a smooth paste in a mixer. Keep aside.
4. Arrange the rasgullas in a rectangular glass baking dish and pour the paneer mixture on top.
5. Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 150º C (300º F) for 5 minutes.
6. Serve hot.
Nutritive values per serving :
Fat =0.6 mg