Potoler Dorma or stuffed potol

Next
Vishwajeet

Re: Potoler Dorma or stuffed potol

Postby Vishwajeet on Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:20 pm

Rādhe Rādhe & daṇḍavat praṇāṁ!
That again confirms Radharani is living in your home with Her kripā of maximum degree! :-) Yeah, yours is a case now I agree, where vigraha-sevā is truly raganuga! :-D
mahat-kripā vinu kona karme bhakti naya|
Kṛiṣhṇa-bhakti dūre rāhu, samsāra nahi kṣhaya||

Madhumati
Site Admin

Postby Madhumati on Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:29 pm

Radhe Radhe !

Another interesting thing is - this Pushtimargi mataji's Shrinathji doesnt go anywhere, except to our mandir, and whenever he comes here, he is bound to lose something or the other.
The first time he came, he lost quite abeautiful piece of jewellery from his paag. i found it later. When i went to return it to her, she said - No, you keep it. you know, you have Radharani in your mandir, and we don't have. So he snatches the rare moment to have arendezvous with her - so he loses something or the other. :razz: :wink: We, who are in vatsalya ras, sing every morning - O kanha, where is one of your kundals, and where is the pearl i put on your paag etc. etc. (it goes on mentioning various jewelries) - i dress you up so nicely everyday, and when you return - you are always without something or the ohter. :oh: We don't mention the raas since we are not supposed to know anything about it. Now i'll be able to sing this song with more bhaav, since it is happening in sakshatkar." How much we laughed when we heard this !! :lol:
laali mere laalan ki, jit dekhoon tit laal,
laali dekhan mai gayee, mai bhee ho gayee LAAAAL !!!!!!

Vishwajeet

Postby Vishwajeet on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:11 pm

So, if there's madhu somewhere in the country, I can be sure that Mahumati ma'am's mati has tasted it! OK when I'll be out with questions like "which rasik grantha to read? Where to start & where to end?" I'll first refer to you! You're better than library & google search in these texts! :-D

Madhumati
Site Admin

Postby Madhumati on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:36 pm

Radhe Radhe !!
The Pushtimarg- Vaishnav can b in either of the three ras -
1. sakhya
2. vatsalya
3. madhur

This mataji is in vatsalya ras. At mota mandir, Bhuleshwar, we get very thick and varied books on the ashtakaaliya leelas of Shrinathji. i have one such book, because i can read Gujarati. It contains a lot of mahajan's sphurans regarding Ashtakaaliya leelas. And sorry dost - this collection far outdoes the sum total of GV compositions in this field. :razz:

Vishwajeet

Postby Vishwajeet on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:18 pm

Madhumati wrote:She also knows all the ashTakaaliya leela-kirtans by heart, and sings them time to time. She has a clock from nathadwara that tells u the particular leela going on at this time of day.

So you want to say she too is one of those puṣhṭimārgīs who are absorbed in nikuñj ras? Perhaps I don't understand Shrinath-ji's devotees properly! Are they in vātsalya-ras or vraja-mādhurya-ras or manjari-bhāv upāsaks?

Madhumati wrote:i ve sent u 1and half kilos of pages citing all the stuff that Swaminijiu cooks in ONE particular morning...

Check your mailbox then! What Swamini-ji cooks is too big to say in "pages" or "kilos"!

Madhumati
Site Admin

Postby Madhumati on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:52 pm

Radhe Radhe !

Funny that u shd b saying this -
But what's raganuga in that?

Just chek ur mail-box !! i ve sent u 1and half kilos of pages citing all the stuff that Swaminijiu cooks in ONE particular morning...............for editing the recent post............ :lol: :lol: :lol: :wow:

Madhumati
Site Admin

Postby Madhumati on Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:24 pm

Radhe Radh e!

Oh BB is an excellent cook !! In fact his life's vrat is to cook royal prasaadam and feed so many devotees each day - he feeds at least 25 devotees each day. He cooks himself too. Just the other day he was learning pizza from me. He has bought TWO cake-ovens !! He wants me to come over, stay overnight (in the mataji's ashram) , and use them to my heart's content. Whenever i go to barsana, he cooks boiled food fo rme- since i dont eat anything else - but then too he adds all sorts of spices, roasts the veggies and what-not :oh: - i ttastes delicious !! i'd NEVER go into so much trouble if some one ordered boiled !! :|

As fo rthis mataji, she attends Bhagavatam every day, and does - they have in PushTimarg - the "oral"Girirraj parikrama - she does it everyday without fail. She also knows all the ashTakaaliya leela-kirtans by heart, and sings them time to time. She has a clock from nathadwara that tells u the particular leela going on at this time of day. It is lovely !! Next time i hope to buy one too !! So u know what to sing now ! :kiss:

Vishwajeet

Postby Vishwajeet on Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:12 pm

If one can serve devotees, whether through food, discourses or gifts it's BEST!!! Devotee sanga & sevā is something that's attained only by VERY HIGH kripā, at least I'd say so!

What I said only applies in worst cases like mine! Actually, I normally do not feel like being so fortunate, so hardly think like that. In devotee sanga, the hormonal balance of the devotee naturally remains good, so managing what I said becomes pretty easy!

Madhumati wrote:But she makes just four puris, (sometimes only two) one spoon halwa, and kheer at least (sometimes more) EVERYDAY for Shrinathji, and then dsitributes to the security guard, or gardener or......... NOW isnt that the real spirit OF RAGANUGA BHAKTI that i'd like to emulate ?

That's a good spirit! I also used to think like that some years ago. But what's raganuga in that? (sorry but plz educate me!) Isn't there any significance in internal sevā? Yeah, one should try to optimistically utilize all the resources one has in his/her home for Thakur's service, that I agree. One should in fact, have DAILY devotee sanga...like your BB has! :-D

Madhumati
Site Admin

Postby Madhumati on Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:38 am

Radhe Radhe -

i Do agree with waht u say -
I can say good food should be such that it should be easy to cook (not make the cook tired, even if cooking goes on for hours!), light to see & partake (after eating one shouldn't feel "heavy", lazy or tired), and most importantly filled with bhakti-bhāv.

However in CC, we find TWO mentions of a heavy spread - once by Adwaita Prabhu in Shantipur, and second time - by Sarvabhouma in Neelachal. Both times, Prabhu was highly pleased - and repeated the same dialogue - "You are indeed blessed ! Fortunate is the one who offers Govinda such supreme dishes and so many variety !! "

And then Prabhu requested that he be given little bit of some. So this show that the Lord is pleased when we cook opulent bhog and offer our Deities - and feed other devotees. Not cook opulent food to satisfy our own palate. That should never be the case. We should definitely mark out days when we cook royal bhog and dsitribute prasadam to other living entities.

In our Bhagavatam group we have a seventy-year old mataji (PushTi marg) who suffers from bad case of liver-attack. She is not to eat anythimg other that boiled soft rice and saltless veggie (only some few types). But she makes just four puris, (sometimes only two) one spoon halwa, and kheer at least (sometimes more) EVERYDAY for Shrinathji, and then dsitributes to the security guard, or gardener or.........

NOW isnt that the real spirit OF RAGANUGA BHAKTI that i'd like to emulate ? :yeah:

Vishwajeet

Postby Vishwajeet on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:02 pm

O, so that's again Ramkrishna effect...ya they're a great source of wisdoms! :-)
Madhumati wrote:And i know sweetheart taht u r a professional manjari-chef.

Oh no dear! Manjari-bhāv is as away from me as much as physically separated my GM is! I've no such sevā-adhikār—and I never want to even think like that without the adhikār! And before anyone calls me a "chef", let me tell them that sometimes I fear seeing my own cooked food... :oops:

I am trying to get mind-body-cally expert in it though! But I avoid cooking newer dishes, for even simpler ones get me good number of tantrums for cooking separately from rest of house members.

But I can say good food should be such that it should be easy to cook (not make the cook tired, even if cooking goes on for hours!), light to see & partake (after eating one shouldn't feel "heavy", lazy or tired), and most importantly filled with bhakti-bhāv. For Govinda, it matters how we cook more than what we cook! Same is true for offering & partaking His prasādam! Newer dishes, however, make all these things possible easily, but sticking with a sāttvik single dish for years, with good quality, is a tough task! That's why I fail to bring all these things simultaneously many times! Thanks God, Swamini-ji never repeats any dish! :-D She's perfect anyway though & can do anything! :yes:

Return to Recipes for Lord Gouranga's relish