Alkaline fennel soup

Madhumati
Site Admin

Alkaline fennel soup

Postby Madhumati on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:48 am

Radhe Radhe ! This is a recipe especially for patients suffering from acidity.

It is a highly nutritious and alkalising fennel soup, which will warm you up in these freezing temperatures.

I particularly love soups in the winter months, as they fill me up nicely and warm me up from the inside when I am feeling cold. This recipe features one of my favourite vegetables – fennel.

Fennel has got a very distinctive taste and aromatic flavour which reminds me of anise or licorice. It is crunchy and slightly sweet and is widely used in Mediterranean cuisine. It is also one of these vegetables which is packed with nutrients and highly alkalising.

Fennel has got a unique combination of phytonutrients that give it a strong antioxidant activity and it is also high in Vitamin C, dietary fiber, potassium, manganese, folate, magnesium, calcium, iron, just to name a few as the list could go on! It is also a very versatile vegetable for cooking, as it can be steamed, roasted, fried and used for making lovely soups.

I hope you enjoy this alkalising soup as much as I do!

Fennel Soup

Serves 2

Ingredients

2 fennel bulbs
2/8 litre of yeast-free vegetable stock
4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp Udo’s Choice Ultimate Oil Blend or Flax Seed Oil
Ground coriander
Pepper
2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice (optional)
1 tsp finely ground organic orange peel

Instructions

Clean the fennel bulbs, cut out the stalks and shred into very fine pieces. Put a bit of the fennel leaves aside.

Bring the vegetable stock together with the lemon juice to boil. Add the fennel and gently cook for about 10-15 minutes until the fennel gets soft. Shortly puree everything with an immersion blender.

Season the soup with the oil blend, the ground coriander, pepper and the orange juice.

Serve your Beloveds after garnishing the soup with the fennel leaves and the orange peel.

Enjoy prasadam! :yeah:
laali mere laalan ki, jit dekhoon tit laal,
laali dekhan mai gayee, mai bhee ho gayee LAAAAL !!!!!!

Return to Recipes for Lord Gouranga's relish