Binode Babaji Japa instruction

How fulfilling are your experiences with Harinama? What about other mantras? Are you getting what you thought it to be or just mentally walking in the woods? How effective it truly is? What it takes to get clear smaran? Feel free to discuss here!

Next
tgcarr29

Re: Binode Babaji Japa instruction

Postby tgcarr29 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:42 am

I was wondering what is preferable and whether Sri Ananta Baba Dasji has expressed any opinion on this matter.

tgcarr29

Postby tgcarr29 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:51 pm

I have read on other sites that the Hare Krishna mantra takes offense more than others, so one guru says that "Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya" is better for neophytes who can't chant offenselessly, and another says "Nityananda" and "Gauranga" are preferable, which makes some sense to me given the status of Caitanya and Nityananda.

Mohan Shyam Das

Postby Mohan Shyam Das on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:30 pm

We are all so lucky and blessed by your amazing seva on your website. Please all bhaktas check out visakha's incredible rasik site
http://uddharan.wordpress.com/
really worth your time.
Radhe Radhe!

Visakha

Postby Visakha on Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:54 pm

Jai Nitai
Dear Mohana-Shyam,

I just wanted to say, how lucky you are!!.. Lucky that your Gurudev is still present... lucky that you have his phone number and can call him... lucky that when you call you actually speak the same language... lucky that he is pushing you... lucky he thinks it is worth it to push you, because he knows you can continue to improve with the support of his loving instructions and guidance! Dhanya Mohan-Shyam Das... Please bless me that although my Sri Gurudev is not present any longer, that the sambandha becomes only stronger as the years pass by.

orphan (anathini)
Visakha Dasi

Madhumati
Site Admin

Postby Madhumati on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:09 pm

Radhe Radhe
V'jeet said -
When both hands are working, do you start a mental counter (digital/analog whatever)?

yes, it goes like this - öne, hare krishna hare krishna krishn a krishna hare hare, hare raam hare raam raam raam hare. Two - hare krishn a hare krishna krishn a krishn a hare hare hare raam hare raam raam raam hare hare."

As for ras-aavesh, again i'll post later - its simple actually, but a bit long.
laali mere laalan ki, jit dekhoon tit laal,
laali dekhan mai gayee, mai bhee ho gayee LAAAAL !!!!!!

Vishwajeet

Postby Vishwajeet on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:03 pm

Rādhe Rādhe!
Madhumati wrote:He said if i chanted all my waking hrs, it wud automatically continue even when i slept.

This is what I also believe since 3.5 years! If I miss somewhat in waking hours then I'll miss Him somewhat in sleeping hours too! Harinama fills up the environment...it's a saṁskār that sticks wherever our consciousness falls & therefore whenever subconsciously also mind "reads" the saṁskār it chants Harinama! :) In extreme emotions one actually stops harinama & emotions come out in form of words.
Madhumati wrote:He also told me how to remain in ras-avesh during this process. tell u more, next time........
Eagerly waiting for this! :D āveśh is such a good blissful state!
Madhumati wrote:i even discovered how to keep samkhya during htis time.
When both hands are working, do you start a mental counter (digital/analog whatever)?
mahat-kripā vinu kona karme bhakti naya|
Kṛiṣhṇa-bhakti dūre rāhu, samsāra nahi kṣhaya||

Madhumati
Site Admin

Postby Madhumati on Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:07 am

Radhe Radhe
once BBji had exhorted me to chant non-stop 24 hrs. HE had quoted "khaite shuite naam loy". He said if i chanted all my waking hrs, it wud automatically continue even when i slept. He said, if i start chanting, and then stop in betwee, i sh say to myself - ÖHHHH i forgot !!!! And then start again." He also told me how to remain in ras-avesh during this process. tell u more, next time........
PS - i even discovered how to keep samkhya during htis time.
laali mere laalan ki, jit dekhoon tit laal,
laali dekhan mai gayee, mai bhee ho gayee LAAAAL !!!!!!

Vishwajeet

Postby Vishwajeet on Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:00 pm

Radhe Radhe!
There are three kinds of truths that I consider:
  • One is temporary—created by yogic & belief making practices:
    "Watch your thoughts they become words. Watch your words they become actions. Watch your actions they become habits. Watch your habits they become character. Watch your character it becomes your destiny."

They last so long (& so far) as the belief lasts & go off when belief goes.
  • The second is permanent—that exists (whether observed or not) & follows laws of Nature regardless of what one believes. But remains there so long as this material creation exists. (this obviously includes all infinite universes with the 14 planes of existence in each,...all).
  • The third is eternal—that exists independent of Nature & hence remains even when material Nature is destroyed at the end of every kalpa.
All the truths can flow into the hearts when beliefs are synchronized properly with them. Our goal we all know :D —where eternal Love of Sri Radha-Govinda connects! Along with Their eternal dhaam: Goloka-Vrindavan, Their nitya parikars (associates) & all sweet seva...!

So similar are our practices...purifying the hearts from mundane things & synchronizing with eternal Vrindavan rasa!
Mohan Shyam Das wrote:the samskara for japa must be built up before any ruci can be had for it.

Blessed you are to have sadhu-sanga! :D It's true! Japa is like a habit and ruci is your taste in going deeper as you progress in bhajan!

Mohan Shyam Das

Postby Mohan Shyam Das on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:41 am

Thank you for the reply! I would love to hear you expand on this point
(Belief matters here most importantly because this is going to be synchronized with eternal beliefs (eternal truths, not just temporary "created ones") as the heart connection with higher world (& Yugal Kishora) grows!
, if possible.
Additionally I heard a great point by one sadhu in a lecture today. He said that the samskara for japa must be built up before any ruci can be had for it.
Radhe Radhe!

Vishwajeet

Postby Vishwajeet on Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:00 pm

Radhe Radhe!
Yeah the feelings are good! Caring about wiping clean the heart automatically includes hesitation to put dirt in it again! Belief matters here most importantly because this is going to be synchronized with eternal beliefs (eternal truths, not just temporary "created ones") as the heart connection with higher world (& Yugal Kishora) grows! Go on! :)

Return to Japa & Smaran