Let's march into March

'Vrat' or 'pledge /vow' are good to form nishtha in a devotee - 'nishtha hoite upoje premer taranga' - nishtha or steadfastness in devtional practice ultimately arouses the waves of prem. Here we can share some good habits we are trying to form - that is conducive for our sadhana. We could concentrate on getting into the habit of reading a bit for one month, or control the tongue on certain days a week. Stating it and sharing our progress gives rise to accountability, enthusiasm and impetus. The competition is against ourselves. and all of us are here to inspire and encourage each other, for then we get kripa, and kripa is the only thing we are banking on.

Madhumati
Site Admin

Re: Let's march into March

Postby Madhumati on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:53 am

Radhe Radhe ! OK - i got new dazzling white cloth and a red one to go with it. But i must say - it isnt what i had in mind. actually i am disappointed that i didn't get THAT white cloth with red sequins i had seen in Banamali's shop at Rradhakund :cry: Sigh ! Anyway, i'll get down to make the most of it. i have told DH to buy gold zari. Now lets see.
laali mere laalan ki, jit dekhoon tit laal,
laali dekhan mai gayee, mai bhee ho gayee LAAAAL !!!!!!

Madhumati
Site Admin

Postby Madhumati on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:17 pm

Radhe Radhe !
i m really really struggling with this dress. i hv cut up innumerable strips of varying lengths, and now don't know whats fro what. i hv made a mess. Well, i jsut hope all this will suffice, because if it doesn't - i dont have any more fabric left !! :oh: So i m praying to Gobuji to give me the intelligence to sort it out. :razz:

Madhumati
Site Admin

Postby Madhumati on Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:01 pm

Radhe Radhe !!

This dress needs some more modification. What's the point starting on a new project when the earlier one is incomplete or not perfectly satisfactory ? So i m planning to start improvising on the present project that is the kids' dresses. For this i'll need a pure white cloth. Well, lets c now... i alread have a cotton , but it is way too thin. i also have a crepe, but will it look OK ? And of ocurse we'll need quite a lot of red frills - let's c....

Yesterday Neelu and co got some bandhni print from gujarati mataji - and the sam eprint that i had once admired in Sharada Mataij's house when i had seen her Deities wearing them. Oh how i had wished that my kids too had bandhni. Of course, i have to starch and iron this piece. But i'll start with it after i finish the Gour Purnima project. :smile:

Madhumati
Site Admin

Let's march into March

Postby Madhumati on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:00 am

Radhe Radhe !!

March is a very inspiring month for me. Gour-Purnima is in the air you see !! :yeah: i am already feeling so bouncy and bubbly ! The winter is gone ! JAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!

So ? i have two weekly goals for 1 Mar to 7 Mar -

one Gopi dress
    Gour Purnima dress for the "kids"
As for today............i have cut the patterns - it is heavily embroidered peach and the lace is bright orange. i shall go shopping today for some extravagant zari - it has to look like a " Birthday dress" u c? :D

Return to Time-period vratas