Next
Madhumati
Site Admin

Re: New Year vrat

Postby Madhumati on Sat May 02, 2009 11:54 am

Vairagically.

Radhe Radhe.
laali mere laalan ki, jit dekhoon tit laal,
laali dekhan mai gayee, mai bhee ho gayee LAAAAL !!!!!!

Vishwajeet

Postby Vishwajeet on Sat May 02, 2009 9:34 am

Radhe Radhe & daNDvats!
Does he link it devotionally? Or vairaagi-cally?
mahat-kripā vinu kona karme bhakti naya|
Kṛiṣhṇa-bhakti dūre rāhu, samsāra nahi kṣhaya||

Madhumati
Site Admin

Postby Madhumati on Fri May 01, 2009 12:19 pm

Radhe Radhe !
HE really makes it compulsory - even one mataji disciple of his has started sporting it, because she succumbed (note, i m deliberately not using 'surendered' ) ..........Here 'it' refers to the jataa - she has yet not started sporting the ohter ornaments such as beard and moustache ............... :|

Vishwajeet

Postby Vishwajeet on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:03 pm

Radhe Radhe & daNDvats!
Madhumati wrote:and u have to sport a jataa.

I expected this but...can't believe it as a compulsion...I'm myself lazy on shaving though! :D

Madhumati
Site Admin

Postby Madhumati on Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Radhe Radhe !
Brother Visnudas said -

Sri Bhagavan is hiding in those places that you are afraid to go- too hard, too scary, too arduous etc.

i dont wanna scare u - :) - but if someone seriously succumbs to him, (and i am NOT exaggerating) - provided he/she has the great fortune to be accepted by him (that is the prime hurdle) - then the minimum requirements are - strictly no physical relationship even with ur spouse, and u have to sport a jataa. Other requirements follow. But i don't wanna scare u too much. :ugeek: So by and by.............

Mostly he'll just give Harinaam and let off ! When he starts enforcing the above rules, u know he's accepted u. ;)

Mohan Shyam Das

Postby Mohan Shyam Das on Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:51 am

How entirely true ! BUt i m sure that now u'll be able to keep very nice ekadashis. Brother Vishnudas, For ur kind info, ur favorite makes all his "serious" disciples keep nirjalaa fast, and has a string of sceintific reasons up his sleeves for doing so. Therefore if someone is not suffering fron any particular ailment, pl consult the doctor, it is good to fast on ekadashis.

I had a feeling that was his program. Well, just goes to show that Sri Bhagavan is hiding in those places that you are afraid to go- too hard, too scary, too arduous etc.
BTW- I am sure you know Pandit Sri Babaji Maharaja says in one book (maybe bhakta tattva vignan?) That one who observes only ekadasi vrat makes his diksa a success!

Glad to be of service.

Madhumati
Site Admin

Postby Madhumati on Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:40 pm

Radhe Radhe !
Brother Vishnudas said -
I am feeling like it was the Vaishnava kripa on me to make some effort and even if i fail, Guru and Krsna will make arrangementsand carry this one.

How entirely true ! BUt i m sure that now u'll be able to keep very nice ekadashis. Brother Vishnudas, For ur kind info, ur favorite makes all his "serious" disciples keep nirjalaa fast, and has a string of sceintific reasons up his sleeves for doing so. Therefore if someone is not suffering fron any particular ailment, pl consult the doctor, it is good to fast on ekadashis.

I am now inspired to make a vrat to not eat after sundown to help with early morning japa and general health.

This has helped me, altho i m unable to follow it on a regular basis. But experience tells me that it really helps in maintaining alertness, intelligence and concentration. Now, u've inspired me to make it a vrat too :D Oh YES !! :idea: it is a lovely idea - it'll be my vrat from May !! :D

Mohan Shyam Das

Postby Mohan Shyam Das on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:41 am

Pranaams, all.
Radhe Radhe!
Two days ago according to local calendar was Ekadasi and i must admit to my great shame I have not been strict previously. I have many excuses. However, this time the Yugalakishor was very merciful. I got a horrible fever and could keep nothing down but water and some lemon juice from the night before till today. I actually feel very blessed to have observed so strictly even tho not by choice. I am feeling like it was the Vaishnava kripa on me to make some effort and even if i fail, Guru and Krsna will make arrangementsand carry this one.
I am now inspired to make a vrat to not eat after sundown to help with early morning japa and general health. Also jihva-vegam.
Please bless me and I know I will succeed.

Vishwajeet

Postby Vishwajeet on Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:40 pm

Radhe Radhe!
Don't worry my mother learnt it from South indians only & that's the way she taught me too! So I guess my idlis are simple enough...I never imagined ghee for any purpose else than smoothing the idli moulds...dipping in ghee wud be...too much. I often fry them too though (with Ghee/oil whatever) with li'l spices after cooking & splitting into pieces. Vada-sandwiching is out of my mind! :?

Madhumati
Site Admin

Postby Madhumati on Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:01 pm

Radhe Radhe Vishwajeet ! IDlis are actually a healthy dish made unhealthy by us North Indians - like inflicting atrocity on it by dipping in ghee, and vada-sandwitching it :) The Bongs go a step further......they dip idlis in kheer :? The South Indians will kill us if they know what all we are subjecting thier idlicious idlis to ! So a simple person as urself is definitely not guilty ! :D

Return to On-going vratas