Tukaram Maharaj

Reading any grantha now? If yes, then please share with us - what is its name? Who wrote it etc. And your favorite excerpts from it. In this way we can inspire each other to read more. After all, literature is the biggest asset of Goudiya Vaishnavism - a field in which it is way ahead of every other community.

tgcarr29

Re: Tukaram Maharaj

Postby tgcarr29 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:14 am

ACBSP also praises Tukaram, I think in his Bhagavatam. Tukaram was also supposedly initiated by a Kesava Caitanya?
Some have taken him to be Lord Caitanya Himself. It is most impressive how he had so many hardships and held on to his faith.

tgcarr29

Re: Tukaram Maharaj

Postby tgcarr29 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:04 am

Yes, Tukaram is awesome! Unfortunately, I don't have the privilege of understanding the original language, but even in Fraser's admittedly incomplete version, it really shines.

Madhumati
Site Admin

Tukaram Maharaj

Postby Madhumati on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:12 pm

Being 'officially' a Maharashtrian, i was forced to learn Saint Tukaram's teachings - and am i glad i did? My interest in him waned after i plunged headlong in Goudiya Vaishnavism. BUt when i was translating Binod Baba's book "Obstacles" my interest in him renewed. At Radhakund, i got this book of his 'abhangas' that are so remarkable. i translated this one for our relish at http://kunjeshwari.com/sweetblog/sweet- ... -language/. :)
laali mere laalan ki, jit dekhoon tit laal,
laali dekhan mai gayee, mai bhee ho gayee LAAAAL !!!!!!

Return to Share grantha-relish