Siddha Sri Tinkodi Baba

Just as Krishna is dearer to all His devotees so...is His dham! The beauty of dhaam forms a bhaav-platform where we hear the leela or read from scriptures. "adyapi-o shei leela kore gour raay, kono kono bhagyaban dekhibare paay" - even today Gora raay is performing those leelas, but only a few fortunate eyes can see them." So we must remember that the Lord & His exalted associates are still continuing Their pastimes on this planet and by the mercy of Sri Dhaam Prabhu we can see them. Please let us share any sweet realizations or glory that Sri Dham has offered / manifesetd to us.

Vishwajeet

Re: Siddha Sri Tinkodi Baba

Postby Vishwajeet on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:17 pm

Radhe Radhe!
Thanks for sharing this much! Whatever you like...
mahat-kripā vinu kona karme bhakti naya|
Kṛiṣhṇa-bhakti dūre rāhu, samsāra nahi kṣhaya||

Madhumati
Site Admin

Postby Madhumati on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:21 pm

Radhe Radhe ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, what happened is - as i was drowning deep into Chandidas, i came across a poem in which he mentions eight chakras total - six in the material world, and two in the transcendental world - however all are in the human body itself. And a whole lot of things , like kunjas, lotuses with fixed number of petals situated in the body etc. etc. .........i did n ot understand the significance of each and every word, altho i got a hang of the ultimate message. so i tapped one devotee whom some other devotee had referred for this purpose. This devotee did not mail back till today. Then the idea struck me that - "Why do i not ask my dear old dost "Binode babaji?" He rose up to the occasion as expected and did not disappoint me at all.

The entire thing revolves around the ashtanga yog, sauteed in Chandidas's bhakti process (no, i still vehemently refute that chandidas was into tantra), throw in a handful of Vidyapati too, a generous pinch of Bijoy Krishna Goswami, and lots and lots of MK with a topping of Bhakti Sandarbha, sublimed with some Theravad technik . Now it is such a long drawn out process, with so many nitti gritties.........i hv thought so often abt writing it all, but am tooooooo busy to do it. It turns out as richly delicious as Navratan kurma, provided all the ingredients are in perfect proportion 8-) .
laali mere laalan ki, jit dekhoon tit laal,
laali dekhan mai gayee, mai bhee ho gayee LAAAAL !!!!!!

Vishwajeet

Postby Vishwajeet on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:12 am

Radhe Radhe & daṇḍvat praṇāṁ!
Madhumati wrote:How perfect practice of Bhakti...

O dear ma'am! Who doesn't want to learn "perfect practice of Bhakti"? :D Wud you share its description here?

Madhumati
Site Admin

Postby Madhumati on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:29 pm

Radhe Radhe Mohan Shyam dada
Do you know, Binode babaji also told me how they would sometimes hear a lot of sound coming from Baba's room. As if it was full of people and they were all chatting, and Baba was chatting wth them. Then they would peep in only to find that Baba was sitting still in meditation, and nobody inside the room. :o

BB ji narrated this incident to me when he was edplaining to me all about the ashtanga yoga system, and the parallel with Bhakti yog. How perfect practice of Bhakti can awaken the kundalini too etc. etc.

BTW, dada, have you called him up recently, if you do, please tell him - "Madhumati has sent you her dandavat pranam". :D

Mohan Shyam Das

Postby Mohan Shyam Das on Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:55 am

AMAZING!
Thank you so much!!

Vishwajeet

Postby Vishwajeet on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:15 pm

Radhe Radhe!
Omniscience is one quality of siddha mahātmās. Even practicing devotees do experience it but in proportion to their level of advancement.

Any more kathas u have? I like to hear devotee kathas! :D

Madhumati
Site Admin

Siddha Sri Tinkodi Baba

Postby Madhumati on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:55 am

Radhe Radhe !

"Do u know - there is tantrism in christianity?"

"NOOo, don't tell me ! " his eyes were big and round. ï AM telling you", i replied with a smug look on my face.

Ohh, HOW i love gupshupping with Binode Babaji. :D He looked at me with knit eyebrows and suspicion - "How do you know?" "YOu know i was the first runner-up in All Bombay Quiz Contest - college level." - again i replied putting on a lot of air, and continued with - "Now i want to know all the details." His look was still skeptical. :roll:

Binode Babaji then regaled me with all the nitty-gritties of Ashtanga Yog - i tell you, he is a pro on this subject. And even everything that is to be known about Tantra.

It is now he narrated on e lovely incident about his Gurudev Sri Tinkodi Baba. i'd better repeat his own words -

i had joined new, and was in awe of everybody. i was staying in a kutir in Goverdhan at that time, which was encased inside a jungle. My Godbrother told me to carry a cot from there to Radhakund. i had never done such a job before. But i obeyed the command meekly. Naturally i could not carry the cot in any other way than to lift it on my head. The cot was very heavy. By the time i reached Kusum Sarovar, the nerves on my head were standing out and the muscles of my neck were rearing to break. It was toomuch. i could not move an inch forward. i felt like i would drop and die right there. i plopped the cot on the earth, and slopped down beside it.

Now i was thinking - i cannot touch the cot. But how long can i sit with it either? Neither can i leave the cot and go away. What would the other devotees htink? etc. etc.

The only hope i had was - someone would pass by the road, and then i could ask ofr some help. But then in those days - some 30 years ago, hardly anyone would travel to Radhakund. So even this hope seemed bleak.

On the other hand, Gurudev, who was at Radhakund, suddenly called a Godbrother called Gourhari. HE told him - "Look, Binode is in great trouble. Go, go immediately , he is waiting there at KusumSarovar, with a cot. Go and help him to bring it. Don't walk, but you run and go quickly."
i saw to my utter astonishment that Gourhari was running an d coming towards Kusum sarovar. i called out to him, asnd asked him - "Gourhari ! Gourhari ! Where are you going ?"Gourhari said panting - "Baba sent me to fetch you wiht the cot."i was so astounded. How did Baba know all this? :o

Then Gourhari and i lifted the cot and proceeded towards Radhakund. On reaching the ashram, we paid obeisance to Baba. :D

Return to Dham experiences