Now let us study the various ingredients of ras (such as vibhâv etc.) in the above situation. We remember that vibhâv comprises of sthâyi-bhâv, the subject of ras, the shelter of ras and what excites ras. They are as follows – Read the rest of this entry »
You are currently browsing the archive for the How to realize ras category.
What are the vyâbhichâri bhâv or passing moods of a devotee in madhur ras? “A devotee expresses The 33 types of vyâbhichâri bhâv (such as nirved etc.), other than ougra and lethargy.” – (B.R.S.) Read the rest of this entry »
1. Vâchik – verbal reactions of a devotee in this ras – there are 12 in all Read the rest of this entry »
What excites madhur ras?
Sri Hari’s and His sweethearts’
· associated elements and Read the rest of this entry »
“A devotee in madhur ras five characteristics in all –
- she is steadfast in her attachment to Sri Krishna (like a shânta-devotee) Read the rest of this entry »
In this verse the ingredients of ras are as follows –
- Sthâyi-bhâv – the devotee should have a passion called ‘vâtsalya’.
- The subject of ras – Sri Krishna and Baladev who are crawling. Read the rest of this entry »
“The devotee in vâtsalya-ras has 4 ras-qualities –
1. the qualities of the shânta-devotee
2. the sevâ of the servant – as a parent the sevâ comprises of love, care and protection. Read the rest of this entry »
“The devotees in friendly mood has three characteristics –
- the qualities of the shânta devotee
- the sevâ performed by the servants
- The mood of non-difference is very strong in a sakhâ and the friend is devoid of awe and reverence.
A sakhâ climbs on Sri Krishna’s shoulders and also lets Him climb on his; Read the rest of this entry »
Definition of shânta-devotee
“Sri Bhagavân has stated with His Holy lips that, the shânta-devotee only knows Sri Krishna’s swarup and is firmly attached to Him.”
– (C.C.Madhya.19.173) Read the rest of this entry »